Friday, May 28, 2010

It finally feels like summer!






As the title of this post claims, it finally does feel like summer! (With the exception that our spring has forgotten to show up, our lilacs aren't even out yet!) But they will catch up quick i'm sure :-) other than that, the humming birds are back, our garlic's up, and we are again ready for another wonderful gardening season! Jim's has taken it upon himself to redo the back deck! (pictures to follow of course :-) and I did help him build a rock wall, and by help I mean tell him where to place the rocks :-)

Yes it seems life in colorado seems to be going along fabulously. We just returned from back east last monday, actually early tues morning if you want to be specific. We had a wonderful trip visiting the family, and getting to meet our new Nephew!! and of course visit our other lovely niece and nephew :-) Well enough with me rambling... lets get to some photos!




Swans in front of Jim's house back east


Old Bird house in the cuttings garden


Flax the bear. I Knitted him for our new nephew


Flax in our garden smelling the daffodils,
which is wierd because I don't think they even smell!



FENWAY BABY!!!!


it was the coldest day of our trip, But is was worth it!
I believe this is Big Poppy swinging- he tried to make it a game :-)

We had great seats to boot!



Watch Hill RI.
On one of the most spectacular days I can remember.


Short Pier in Watch Hill.


My new favorite hotel in the world, The Ocean House @ Watch Hill.
Gorgeous would be an understatement.


it was a cloudy cold day when we were there,
but beautiful none the less.


The Inside was stunning- It really felt like you were back in the early 1900's
But the most luxurious early 1900's you could imagine.
I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of the inside-
it was to pretty too ruin with a flash.



No recipes this episode, but I promise to cook this week-
and I'll fill you in on the details :-)
I hope everyone has a wonderful week, and has a chance to go outside and enjoy the day-
wherever you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel free to leave me a message! It makes me think people actually read this!