Monday, July 20, 2009

Wedding Stress

How do people cope with stress? -I try and workout- knit- cook and sew- but I'm still stressed! and I don't think I will stop being stressed until after the wedding! at least I hope I can let it all go then :-)
The stress this week, aside from the groom or groomsmen not being clothed yet, is that several people claim to have not gotten an invite!! what? I sent them out in may! honestly I did, ask my mom!- but aside from that glitch, which I think has been mostly fixed- (i'm sorry people, don't blame me, blame the postal service- your address' were right, i swear) the planning is trudging along.... slowly
ok whew! i'm done ranting sorry!
On a much happier note, our winter roomate payed us a visit this past weekend! ( he actually came for another wedding- but i'm just gonna fib and say he came bacause he missed us). We had a wonderful time keeping him occupied!
Do you ever notice how you do all the fun things when you have guests in town, it's like been a tourist in your own backyard. We jumped in the grottos ( icy viking plunge) went to the top of aspen mountain and had lunch, then to top it all off we had a BBQ- and he got mad props for his amazing pasta salad
which I don't think i have a picture of but I do know what he put in it- Andy's Peachy Keen Pasta Salad
lemon and parsley pasta
(if you can't find this pasta- normal will do fine, but squeeze some fresh lemon juice on it) 3-4 peeled and sliced fresh peaches black and green olives pitted and diced
2tbs olive oil
salt & pepper
and lots of fresh thyme ( from the garden)
Thanks andy for a wonderful visit! and we will see you in about a months time for our wedding!- which by the way I can't believe!- where did the summer go? will someone please tell me, please.
ok, ok, I know you want pictures- so here we go...... lovely radishes from our garden ! I made a really great salsa with these ( I will post that later)

An Arrangement for the bathroom with flowers from the garden.

some great tasting smashed potatoes with fresh parsley (again I will post the recipe soon) The wonderful "loft" where Andy stayed! Jim did such a great job in there!

Ok, well I think that gets you up to date, I wanted to send a special thanks to nicole and erin- always have a wonderful time with you two- I like our sunday tadition of free music hopping! cheers my friends! have a great day, and I will talk to you all very, very soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel free to leave me a message! It makes me think people actually read this!