Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Loverly

So As I'm writing this, I'm listening to Dolly Parton. Just wanted to get you up to date. Now that you are, we can begin :-) So very fun and productive week for the bride to be! your looking at photos from the hike to American lake we did yesterday- then all the photos are going back in time. I don't know why- but don't worry about it. The Hike was wonderful! beautiful weather, plus we passed the two groups ahead of us, and we got to the lake first! But we only got to enjoy the silence for about 10 min, until the boy scouts came and started chucking rocks at the trout. Why are boys so loud? I mean I love kids, but why are boy's in particular soo loud? Well I guess girls are too for that matter- just about different things- like princess dresses- now those will always make little girls loud! ok sorry sidetracked- lets move on....
American Lake The trail leading up to the lake
Grove of Aspens
Here is the dinner I made for our anniversary- baked polenta topped with pretty much every vegetable from the farmers market- our Radishes, and Lettuce- fresh corn, tomatoes and almonds- very, very yummy if I might say- I'm going to write the recipe down, I just always forget to. but I'm getting better !
colorful radishes!!
We Harvested our garlic this week!!!! 7 total- one we harvested earlier- but I braided them and now they are curing on the porch.... just waiting to be used.
Garlic!!!!!!!
have you ever seen delphinum this tall? well this picture doesn't give it justice. but I assure you it's tall. Like over four feet- they are radiant- absolutely beautiful.
Jim planted me goblin flowers cause I like them. plus they are awesome- but I am so very lucky that he has created such a wonderful garden for us to enjoy!
The worlds healthiest muffin!!! and it tastes like it!- whole wheat flour, wheat bran, wheat germ- flax seed- thank goodness I added jam on top. and even still you need to put on a ton more to eat it! Next time I will add some applesauce and a banana to lighten it up!! But, these muffins give you energy all day!! This week alone I've hiked over 14 miles without tiring from just two of these muffins!
The endless lettuce and radishes!!! I have to keep coming up with things to do with them. I've already given bags away!!
Now I am proud of this soup- another farmers market creation. I had a plethura of corn, zucchini, onions, carrots, bell peppers and potatoes... all sauted then cooked, pureed and devoured!! tons of fresh parsley and served with fresh herbed biscuits! yummy- again I will write down this recipe. I will.
Well folks, I think that's it for now. Again thanks to the love of my life for making every day wonderful and full of laughter. Thanks to my wonderful friends!!! sitting soaking wet in the rain listening to classical music is the best way to spend a sunday!!! cheers to all! and as the norwegians say----- LEVE LIVET TIL FULLE!!!!!! ( live life to the fullest) SKAL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel free to leave me a message! It makes me think people actually read this!